How to Cut Bok Choy for Hot Pot
What You’ll Need
- 1 Bok Choy
- Chopping Knife
- Cutting Board
- Carefully rinse the bok choy under running water, scrubbing it lightly to remove dirt and debris.
- Lay the bok choy out on a cutting board. Lay the bok choy on its side and use a chopping knife to cut it into thick slices, beginning from the midrib and slicing downwards.
- Turn the bok choy over on the opposite side and slice downwards again. Repeat this process until you have chopped the bok choy into thick slices.
- Rinse the bok choy slices in cold water and drain them well.
- Grab four bok choy slices together and, using the chopping knife, slice the bok choy into thin slices. Be careful not to cut yourself.
- Repeat this step until all the bok choy slices are cut. Add the prepared bok choy to your hot pot.
- Cutting the bok choy into thin slices, rather than cubes, ensures the bok choy will be cooked through quickly and evenly in the hot pot.
- You can also cut the bok choy into cubes if you prefer.