Defrosting Chicken in an Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a great kitchen invention that is capable of quickly cooking a variety of meals. You can even use it to quickly defrost a package of frozen chicken. Here’s how you do it:
Step 1: Prepare Instant Pot
- Fill your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. It’s important to use just the right amount — too much water may lead to soggy chicken while an insufficient amount may lead to dry chicken.
- Plug your Instant Pot into an outlet to begin steaming the water.
Step 2: Place Chicken in Basket
- Place the frozen chicken in the Instant Pot’s steamer basket.
- Make sure that the frozen pieces do not overlap, as this will lead to uneven defrosting.
Step 3: Set Timer
- Using your Instant Pot’s control panel, set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Press the “Start” button to begin the process.
Step 4: Release Pressure and Remove Chicken
- Once the timer goes off, press the “Release Pressure” button and wait for the pressure to be fully released.
- Once the pressure is fully released, you can open the lid and remove the chicken.
Step 5: Refrigerate Chicken
- Place the chicken in a baking dish or other container and refrigerate it until it’s ready to be used.
And there you have it — defrosted chicken in your Instant Pot. Enjoy!