How to Drill Ceramic Pot
Drilling ceramic pots is not as difficult as it may initially seem, as long as you have the right tools and follow the instructions below. With some preparation and careful drilling, you can complete the project in no time.
What You Will Need
- Ceramic pot
- Masonry drill bit
- 2 pieces of painter’s tape
- Large block of scrap wood
- Tape the Marker – Take two pieces of painter’s tape and create a cross marker where you want to drill the hole.
- Set the Drilling Block – Put the ceramic pot on top of a block of scrap wood (large enough to support the pot). Then place the drill bit onto the taped marker.
- Drill Slowly – Start drilling slowly at a low speed. Do not apply too much force or pressure as this will cause the ceramic pot to crack.
- Stop When Done – Once the hole is created, stop drilling immediately.
- Before drilling, make sure you have a masonry drill bit, as these are specially designed for drilling into hard surfaces like ceramic.
- As an alternative to painter’s tape, you can also use a marker to create the cross marker.
- Make sure to use a block of scrap wood to support the ceramic pot, as this will reduce the chances that the pot will crack.
- Drill at low speeds and do not apply too much pressure to the drill bit.
- Wearing safety glasses is highly advised.
Drilling ceramic pots may seem difficult, but if you follow these steps and tips you can successfully drill a hole in your ceramic pot quickly and easily. Even though the project may seem daunting at first, with the right tools and instructions, you can complete the job in no time.