How to Make Mississippi Pot Roast
Mississippi pot roast is a savory slow-cooked dish that packs a lot of flavor. It requires minimal effort to prepare and can be cooked in a slow cooker or oven. Here’s how you can make this delectable dish.
- 3-4 lb pot roast
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry au jus gravy mix
- 4 oz pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- 1-2 cups beef broth
- Step 1: Place the roast in a slow cooker or dutch oven.
- Step 2: Add butter to the roast.
- Step 3: Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix over the roast.
- Step 4: If desired, add pepperoncini peppers to the pot for extra flavor.
- Step 5: Pour enough beef broth into the pot so that the roast is just barely submerged.
- Step 6: Place the lid on the slow cooker or dutch oven and cook for 8 hours on low if using a slow cooker, or for 2-3 hours if using an oven.
Once finished cooking, remove the roast from the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the roast and serve it with the cooking liquid. Enjoy!