How to Gift Wrap a Pot
Gift wrapping a pot can be a thoughtful way to present a new or used item. Before selecting the wrapping paper and supplies, consider the shape of the pot and its colors. Pots come in different shapes and sizes, so selecting the right wrapping material is key to obtaining the best results.
Things You’ll Need
- Wrapping paper
- Cord or ribbon
- Decorative accents (optional)
- Unscrew the lid from the pot if there is one.
- Choose wrapping paper for the pot. Select paper with colors or designs that will complement the pot. Select a material that will not rip or tear easily.
- Cut off a large rectangle of wrapping paper, making sure the paper is twice as long as the pot.
Tip: If you are gifting a round-shaped pot, use an oval-shaped piece of paper for better coverage.
- Center the pot in the middle of the paper. Begin gathering the corners of the paper and secure them together over the lid of the pot. Wrap the paper around the pot so that it is completely covered.
- Tape the bundle on the bottom side. Cut off any excess paper at the top or bottom of the bundle.
- Attach a ribbon or festive cord around the lid and down the sides of the paper. Tie a bow at the top in the center of the lid.
- Add a few decorative accents on the bow if desired. These can be pieces of ribbon, flowers, or anything else that will complement your pot and the wrapping paper.
Now, your pot is ready to be gifted with its lovely presentation! Have fun with the colors and decorations and create something unique and personal for the recipient.