Growing Impatiens In Pots: A Guide
Impatiens are a popular type of flowering plant, known for their bright, cheerful blooms. Growing them in pots can provide a beautiful accent to your garden. Here is a simple guide to get you started.
To get your Impatiens ready for a pot, you will need the following items:
- A pot with adequate drainage
- Potting soil
- A hose or can for watering
- Fill the pot: Begin by filling the pot with potting soil. Make sure the soil is moist before adding the Impatiens.
- Add the Impatiens: Carefully place the Impatiens into the soil. Make sure to leave enough room for them to spread out and grow.
- Water: Water the pot once a week or whenever the soil feels dry. It is important that the soil does not dry out completely.
- Fertilize: Fertilizing your Impatiens is recommended to keep them healthy and robust. Use a fertilizer designed for flowering plants.
- Deadhead: Remove any dead or wilted blossoms as they appear. This will help promote the health of your pot and the Impatiens.
Growing Impatiens in pots is relatively easy and provides a beautiful splash of color in any garden. Following these steps should help ensure that your Impatiens are healthy and happy.