How to Make a Flower Pot Costume
Making a flower pot costume is a fun and easy DIY project for decorating and personalizing your own costume. Here are the basic steps to get you started:
- Empty flower pot (flats work best)
- Paint (preferably in shades of green for the pot and yellow for the flowers)
- Kona fabric for the leaves and any other decorations you want to include
- Glue gun, hot glue sticks
- Fabric scissors
- Measuring tape or ruler
Create the Costuming Base
- Paint the flower pot inside and out, and let it dry before proceeding.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the pot for your head to fit through. It should be large enough for your head to easily fit through but not too large that it slides off your shoulders.
- Cut out a piece of cardboard to fit as a shoulder piece. This will help hold the pot in place and add some structural support to the costume.
Decorate the Pot
- Cut pieces of the Kona fabric into leaf shapes. These can be any shape or size you like.
- Attach the leaves to the pot using the hot glue gun.
- You can also add other decorations such as felt flowers or fabric stems.
- Once you’re done with the decorations, let the glue dry for a few minutes.
- Put on the shoulder piece of cardboard and slide the pot over your head.
- Secure the pot on your body with elastic straps.
- You can add accessories such as a watering can or garden gloves to complete the look.
And there you have it – your very own flower pot costume! Have fun creating your costume and showing it off to your family and friends!