How to Make Black Eyed Peas in a Crock Pot
Making black eyed peas in a Crock Pot is a delicious and easy way to get a great meal on the table. Here are the simple steps you need to follow to make tasty, flavorful black-eyed peas:
- 1 pound package of dried black-eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Rinse and sort the black eyed peas and discard any stones or abnormal beans.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Saute for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.}
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the Crock Pot.
- Add the black eyed peas and broth to the Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours until the beans are tender.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
Making black eyed peas in a Crock Pot is a great way to get a delicious and nutritious meal on the table with minimal effort. And with the right ingredients and cooking time, you can make a flavorful, tasty dish that’s sure to satisfy.