How to Make Cajun Boiled Peanuts in Crock Pot
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 5 lbs unroasted peanuts in-shell
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (or more, to taste)
- Water to cover
- Large crock pot
- Place peanuts in the crock pot. Add enough water to cover by 2 to 3 inches.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the peanuts. Start with 4 tablespoons and add more, to taste.
- Put the cover on and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- Check every couple of hours and add more water if needed. The water should cover the peanuts by about 2 inches.
- Run a few peanuts under cold water to test if they’re done. I like them soft like a regular peanut butter, not crunchy.
- Once your boiled peanuts are soft, place in a bowl and let cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Cajun boiled peanuts in crock pot are a great Southern snack. The peanuts are cooked with Cajun seasoning for added flavor. The peanuts take about 5 to 6 hours, so you can prepare them and let them cook while you’re doing other things. The result is a flavorful, slow-cooked snack. Enjoy!