How To Make Cannabis Tincture In Crock Pot
Creating your own cannabis tincture using a crock pot is a simple and effective way to make an effective, concentrated medicine. Cannabis tinctures are great to use as a sublingual or topical medicine, as they can be precisely dosed, have little to no psychoactive effects, and can easily be incorporated into your favorite foods and drinks. Here’s the simple, step-by-step process on how to make cannabis tincture in a crock pot.
- 1 cup of high-proof alcohol (preferably 100 proof or higher)
- 1 ounce of decarboxylated cannabis (ground)
- Crock pot
- Cheesecloth (1 square of cheesecloth)
- String and/or rubber band
- Storage jar/bottle
- Grind the Cannabis – Start by grinding your cannabis. Use a hand grinder or a food processor. Make sure to keep the grind relatively fine and make sure there are no chunks of extra-large pieces.
- Decarboxylate the Cannabis – Place the ground cannabis onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 220°F for 40 minutes. This is an essential step for extracting THC and other cannabinoids.
- Mix the Alcohol and Cannabis – Place the decarboxylated cannabis into a crock pot and pour in the alcohol. Make sure all the cannabis is soaked in the liquid and that nothing is sticking out. Stir with a spoon so everything is mixed.
- Heat – Turn the crock pot onto a low setting (ideally, 180°F). Heat for around 4 hours, stirring regularly. Keep an eye on the heat and make sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Strain the Tincture – Place the cheesecloth over a jar or container, making sure that the edges are touching the sides of the jar. Secure the cheesecloth with the string or rubber band. Strain the cannabis tincture mixture through the cheesecloth, catching all liquid.
- Allow to Cool and Store – Let the tincture cool completely before storing. Place the tincture in a glass jar or bottle. Store the tincture in a cool, dark place for up to a year.
Making your own cannabis tincture in a crock pot is an effective and economical way to create your own personalized medicine. With few ingredients and simple steps, you’ll be able to make a cannabis tincture that can be used for a variety of applications. Happy creating!