How To Make Cannabutter In A Crock Pot
Cooking with cannabis has become increasingly popular in recent years and can provide an alternative if smoking or vaping isn’t your thing. Making canna butter from scratch is easy to do in a slow cooker and a great way to get a unique, psychoactive effect from cooking with cannabis. Here’s how to make cannabutter in a crock pot:
- 1/2 lb of unsalted butter (you can go higher if desired)
- ¼ – ½ oz of decarboxylated cannabis (also called “activating” cannabis)
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Prepare the Cannabis: In order to make your cannabis active, it needs to be heated and decarboxylated. Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit, and spread your ground cannabis onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.
- Add Ingredients to Crock Pot: Once your cannabis is cooled, add it to your crock pot along with the butter, and 2 cups of water.
- Heat: Turn your crock pot to its lowest setting and let it heat for 8-12 hours.
- Strain: Using a heat-safe strainer and large bowl, strain the liquid butter into the bowl allowing all of the butter to strain through but do not allow any cannabis to pass through the strainer.
- Cool: Once strained, place in the fridge or freezer to cool down so the butter hardens and separates from the water completely.
Creating canna butter is easy and can be done in a crock pot. With some simple ingredients and a few steps, you can have a delicious butter that is full of unique psychoactive effects for use in cooking. Enjoy!