How to Make Collard Greens in the Crock Pot
- 1pound bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds collard greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Add the garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Transfer the bacon mixture to a 6-quart crock pot.
- Add the chicken broth, collard greens, salt, and pepper to the crock pot.
- Stir everything together and then cover the crock pot with lid.
- Set the crock pot to low heat and cook for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once the collard greens are soft and tender, remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve with your favorite main entrees, and enjoy!