How to Make Gravy in an Instant Pot
Cooking gravy can be a laborious process, that is why it is so wonderful to make it in an Instant Pot. This method is simple and fast! Here’s how to make delicious gravy in an Instant Pot.
- 1 – 2 cups of liquid (stock, broth, water, etc)
- 2 -3 tablespoons of fat (butter, oil, bacon grease, etc)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot and add the fat to the pot. Wait for it to melt, then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the liquid and deglaze the pot to ensure that all of the bits of flavor are brought up off the bottom.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. If it is too thick, you can add more liquid.
- Press the Cancel button and secure the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the valve to the Sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual mode and cook for 3-4 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot and stir the gravy. If it is too thick, add more liquid and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Making gravy in an Instant Pot is a great way to save time and effort in the kitchen. Now you can enjoy the delicious flavors of gravy without all the fuss!