Guide: How to Make Hamburger Helper in an Instant Pot
If you looking for a delicious and quick dinner, making hamburger helper from scratch in your Instant Pot is an easy way to get a tasty meal in almost no time! Plus, by making it yourself, you can control the ingredients, like using leaner beef or adding extra vegetables.
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to “Saute” and add ground beef. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, and uncooked macaroni noodles to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot and stir.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to “Sealing” position. Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” (or “High Pressure”) and adjust the time to 4 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, release the pressure manually.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of vegetables, such as a salad or steamed broccoli.
That’s it! Making your own hamburger helper is a great way to make a quick and delicious meal. Enjoy your homemade hamburger helper!