How to Make Oxtails in a Crock Pot
Oxtails are a delightful favourite for all types of cuisine. Whether prepared in a classic stew or a rich braise, oxtails cooked in a slow cooker are irresistible. In this article, we’ll provide you with a delicious recipe for making oxtails in a Crock Pot.
- 2 lbs of oxtails
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Preparation: Rinse the oxtails under cold water and pat dry. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the oxtails on all sides, about 4 minutes per side, then transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Cooking: Add the garlic, onion, and carrots to the Crock Pot. Pour in the beef broth and stir in the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir to combine, then add the oxtails and stir again.
- Cooking Time: Cover the Crock Pot and set it to low heat. Cook for 8-10 hours until the oxtails are tender and falling off the bone.
Serve the oxtails with mashed potatoes, a side of vegetables, and a glass of your favourite red wine. Enjoy!