How to Make Pongal in an Instant Pot
- 1 cup of Rice
- 1/2 cup of Moong Dal
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of Asafetida (hing)
- 2 teaspoons of Ghee
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut
- Salt to taste
- Start your Instant Pot and add just enough water to cover the rice and dal.
- Add the Rice and Moong Dal to the Instant Pot.
- Add Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin, Asafetida, Ghee, and Coconut.
- Choose the “Porridge” setting and press “Start”.
- When the Pongal is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, fluff the Pongal with a fork, and serve.
Tips for Perfect Pongal
- Make sure to use the correct ratio of Rice and Moong Dal for best results.
- For a creamy texture, use a little more water than usual.
- Don’t forget to add Ghee, Asafetida, Coconut, and the other spices.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also make Pongal on the stovetop.
Making Pongal in an Instant Pot is easy and convenient, and the result is a delicious, creamy breakfast dish. Enjoy your homemade Pongal and be sure to experiment with different spices and ingredients for different flavors!