How To Make Sticky Rice In An Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is an amazing kitchen tool for creating a variety of delicious meals. It is an all-in-one electric appliance that allows for pressure cooking, steaming, slow cooking, making yogurt, and more. Here we will discuss how to make sticky rice in an instant pot.
- 1 cup of uncooked sticky rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt, optional
- Rinse and soak the rice: Rinse your sticky rice in a strainer until the water runs clear, which may take a few minutes. Shake off any excess water and let sit for 30 minutes. This step helps to remove the excess starch and makes the rice softer and more flavorful.
- Add rice to the Instant Pot: Add the rice, water, and salt (if using) to the Instant Pot, and stir together.
- Pressure cook: Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the knob to the “sealing” position. Set the Instant Pot to “manual,” and adjust the time to 4 minutes.
- Release the pressure: When the timer goes off, carefully turn the knob to the “venting” position to release the steam. Once the steam has been released, carefully open the Instant Pot and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve: Serve your sticky rice and enjoy!
Your sticky rice is now done cooking! This is a quick and easy way to make perfect sticky rice in the Instant Pot. Enjoy your delicious dish, and happy cooking!