How To Make Terra Cotta Pot Cows
This cute project is perfect for a fun family craft! All you need is some terracotta pots, acrylic paint, and a few other supplies to get started.
- 2-3 Terra cotta pots
- Acrylic paint in several colors: white, pink, black, brown, and any other colors you prefer
- Optional: Glue gun and glue sticks
- Begin by painting the terra cotta pots with the white paint. Allow the paint to dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Paint the bottom terra cotta pot for the body. You may choose to gradually darken the hues from bottom to top of the body for a more natural look.
- Paint the middle piece of terra cotta pot with the pink paint for the legs and cheeks.
- Paint the top piece with the black paint for the eyes and nostrils.
- If desired, add brown paint to the top pot for the ears and hooves.
- Use acrylic paint to customize the cow any way you like. You can add spots, stripes, and other design elements to make your cow unique.
- Once you’re done painting, assemble the pots together. You may use a glue gun for added stability.
- Your Terra cotta pot cow is now ready to join the family!
You can use this project as a fun way to teach your kids about cows and their habitat. Or just let them have fun experimenting with different paint colors and making their own designs. No matter what, it’s sure to be a memorable family project!