How to Make Turkey Bone Broth in a Crock Pot
Turkey bone broth is a nourishing, nutrient-rich addition to any diet. And making it in a crock pot couldn’t be simpler. You don’t need to be a gourmet chef to make bone broth – just follow these easy steps and you’ll have homemade turkey bone broth in no time.
- 2-3 pounds turkey bones, with some meat left on them
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 cups water
- Put all of the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Strain the broth through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- Optional: Skim off any fat that has risen to the top.
- Pour broth through a funnel into mason jars and seal tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to five days, or freeze for up to six months.
And that’s it! With just a few simple ingredients and a crock pot, you can have nourishing, homemade turkey bone broth in no time. Enjoy!