How to Make Yogurt in a Crock Pot
Making your own yogurt in a crock pot is a simple and easy way to make your own yogurt at home. Here are the steps to do it:
- 2 Quarts of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Dry Milk Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of Yogurt Starter
- Pour 2 quarts of milk, 1/2 cup of dry milk powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla into the crock pot.
- Turn your crock pot onto the “low” setting, cover, and let cook for 2-3 hours.
- Turn off the crock pot after 2-3 hours.
- Let the milk cool down for 3-4 hours, until it reaches 105-115 degrees F (41-46 degrees C).
- Stir in 1/4 cup of prepared yogurt starter.
- Cover your crock pot and wrap it with a towel. This will help to keep the heat in the crock pot and help to keep the yogurt warm.
- Place the crock pot in the oven (with the oven off) overnight for approximately 8-10 hours.
- Take the crock pot out of the oven and let it cool down for about an hour.
- Stir the yogurt and place it in individual containers.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
And there you have it! Homemade yogurt made with a crock pot. Enjoy!