How To Water Seedlings In Peat Pots
Peat pots are a great way to nurture seedlings, as they break down easily once planted in the ground. To ensure your seedlings get the care they need to thrive, here’s a simple guide on how to water them in peat pots.
Steps To Watering Seedlings in Peat Pots
- Fill a watering can or container with room-temperature water.
- Gently submerge each peat pot in the water and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Remove the pots from the water and allow them to drain.
- Repeat until all of the pots are soaked.
- Do not allow the peat pots to remain in the water longer than five minutes.
- When watering seedlings in peat pots, only use lukewarm water.
- Avoid wetting the leaves of your seedlings.
- Water your seedlings thoroughly, but not to the point of saturation.
- It’s best to water in the morning so that the seedlings have the entire day to dry.
- Check the moisture content of each pot before watering again.
Following these tips and steps will ensure successful growth of your seedlings in peat pots. Make sure to monitor them regularly for signs of drying out and water accordingly.