Filling Fake Plant Pots With Something Suitable
Fake plants have grown in popularity due to zero maintenance required. That said, buying a fake plant can be enhanced with the right container. To make your fake plants look as realistic as possible, use the following tips to choose what to fill the container with.
Stones and Pebbles
These can be found in garden centres or craft stores and found in various sizes, shapes and colours.
- Pros: Stones and pebbles are heavier, so you don’t have to worry about your fake plants being easily knocked over, plus they look more natural than other fillers.
- Cons: They can be more expensive.
Sand and Gravel
You can find these in a variety of textures, shades and sizes.
- Pros: Sand and gravel work great for outdoor containers and come in a range of prices.
- Cons: They can be messier than other fillers.
Soil and Moss
These are both light and easy to find.
- Pros: They look natural, hold moisture, and help keep fake plants upright.
- Cons: They don’t last as long and can create an unwanted mess.
Designer Gels and Stones
These brightly coloured creations are available in a range of shapes and sizes.
- Pros: Designer gels and stones last longer and add a nice decorative touch.
- Cons: They don’t look as natural as other fillers.
When deciding what to fill your fake plant pot with, consider your budget and the look you are going for. Stones and pebbles are good for indoor plants, while sand and gravel suit outdoor containers. Soil and moss is great for added realism, while designer gels and stones offer longer lasting colour.