Making Plastic Pots Look Like Ceramic
If you want plastic pots to have the classy look of ceramic, there are a few easy techniques to give your vessels a chic update. Here’s what you need to know to make plastic pots look like ceramic:
Gather Your Supplies
Before you start, you’ll need:
- Plastic pots – Make sure they are free from dirt and dust.
- Sandpaper – To create a slightly rough texture before painting.
- Primer – This will provide a more solid base for painting.
- Acrylic paint – Use a glossy paint for that classic ceramic look.
- Brushes – Either natural bristle or synthetic are fine.
- Varnish – To protect the paint after it’s finished drying.
Prepare Your Pots
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to start preparing your pots.
- Start by washing your plastic pots with soapy water to make sure they are free from dirt and dust.
- Once dry, sand the surface with sandpaper to give the plastic a slightly rough texture.
- Once the surface is completely sanded, apply a layer of primer.
Painting Your Pots
Once the primer is completely dry, it’s time to get painting.
- Choose the colors of paint you would like to use to give your pots the ceramic look.
- Using either a synthetic or natural bristle brush, start painting the surface of your pots. If you are using multiple colors, take the necessary time to let each layer dry before applying the next color.
- Once the paint has dried fully, apply a layer of varnish for extra protection.
Enjoy Your Finished Pots
Once your pots have been allowed to dry completely, they should be shiny and smooth, resembling classic ceramic. Place these in your garden or put them in your kitchen and enjoy the gorgeous ceramic look you’ve created!