Steaming Vegetables In An Instant Pot
Cooking vegetables can be done in many ways, but it’s especially simple and easy with an Instant Pot! Steam cooking your vegetables with an Instant Pot enhances the flavor and keeps nutrients intact. Here is how to make it work!
Before you start steaming your vegetables, there are a few steps you should take:
- Wash the vegetables to get rid of dirt and bacteria.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Add the vegetables to the Instant Pot with enough water or vegetable broth to cover the bottom of the pot.
Now for the fun part!
- Set the Instant Pot to the Steam setting.
- Adjust the cooking time to your preference. 5-7 minutes should be enough time for most vegetables.
- Lock the lid and turn the vent to “Sealing” mode.
- Press “Start”.
- Release the steam when the cooking time is up and enjoy your vegetables!
Tips & Tricks
These tips can help ensure that your vegetables turn out perfectly cooked each and every time:
- If the vegetables are starting to brown during cooking time, reduce the steam setting.
- If you’re cooking multiple vegetables, add the ones that take longer to cook first.
- Add fresh herbs and spices for extra added flavor.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still steam your vegetables in a traditional steamer.
Steaming vegetables in an Instant Pot is a great way to quickly and easily prepare a healthy side dish. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!