Using Osmocote 14-14-14 in Pots
Using Osmocote 14-14-14 fertilizer in flower pots is an easy way to ensure your container-grown plants get the nutrition they need. Osmocote 14-14-14 is a slow-release, all-purpose fertilizer that contains both major and minor nutrients.
How Much Osmocote 14-14-14 to Use in Pots?
The amount of Osmocote 14-14-14 to use in pots depends on the size of the container and the type of plants you are growing. Here’s a quick guide:
- Small Containers (6-10 inches): Apply 1-3 tablespoons of Osmocote 14-14-14 evenly over the surface of the soil.
- Medium Containers (10-14 inches): Apply 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Osmocote 14-14-14 evenly over the surface of the soil.
- Large Containers (14-24 inches): Apply 1/2 to 1 cup of Osmocote 14-14-14 evenly over the surface of the soil.
Osmocote 14-14-14 should be applied in the spring, but can also be applied to newly planted containers. It is best to reapply it every three months to ensure your plants have a continuous supply of nutrients.
Tips for Using Osmocote 14-14-14
- Always wear gloves when applying Osmocote 14-14-14.
- Water the soil thoroughly before adding the Osmocote 14-14-14.
- Mix the fertilizer into the top 3-4 inches of soil.
- Be careful not to use too much, as Osmocote 14-14-14 can burn plant roots.
Using Osmocote 14-14-14 in pots will help ensure your container-grown plants receive the nutrition they need to thrive. When used correctly, it can provide your plants with the essential nutrients they need for healthy growth and blooming.