How to Clean an Electric Percolator Coffee Pot
Cleaning an electric percolator coffee pot is an important task to keeping your coffee tasting fresh and delicious. Follow these easy steps to have your percolator shining and your coffee tasting great:
Steps to Cleaning an Electric Percolator
- Unplug the electric cord to remove it from the power source, and allow it to cool.
- Hand-rinse the inside chamber, exterior and lid with warm, soapy water.
- Put one cup of white vinegar in the percolator and fill the chamber with warm water.
- Plug the electric coffee pot and turn on the heat setting.
- Once the vinegar/water mixture comes to a boil, unplug and allow it to cool.
- Slowly pour out the mixture and rinse with warm water.
- Fill the pot again with water and plug in. Heat mixture to the boil, and then unplug and discard this set of water.
- Repeat this process one more time for a squeaky clean pot.
- It is recommended to clean your percolator at least every few weeks.
- Do not submerge the electric cord in water, as it can be unsafe.
Cleaning your electric percolator coffee pot regularly will not only keep your pot looking great, but also ensure your coffee tastes the best it can.