How to Cook Turkey Legs in the Crock Pot
Cooking turkey legs in the crock pot is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic Thanksgiving favorite all year round. When cooked correctly, these tender and juicy turkey legs can be served as a main course, side, or snack. With a few simple instructions, you can be enjoying tender, flavorful turkey legs in no time!
What You Need
- 2 to 4 turkey legs
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite seasonings (optional)
- Place the turkey legs in the crock pot.
- If desired, season with your favorite seasoning.
- Fill the crock pot with enough water to cover the turkey legs.
- Set the crock-pot to low heat and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 6 to 8 hours, carefully remove the turkey legs from the pot and let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Turkey legs are a great way to add flavor and variety to a variety of meals. Some of our favorite ways to use cooked turkey legs are as an:
- entrée served over rice and with steamed vegetables
- elevated sandwich filling, either in a wrap or served open-faced
- salad topping with a balsamic vinaigrette
- taco filling, either as the only protein or combined with beans
By following the steps above, you can have flavorful and tender turkey legs in just 6 to 8 hrs. Try serving them with one of our suggested options or create your own delicious variations! Have fun and enjoy!