A Step-by-Step Guide to Make a Flower Pot Costume
Looking for a unique costume idea for Halloween? Why not make a flower pot costume? Perfect for any age, this DIY costume is easy and fun to construct and requires minimal materials.
- A big, old plastic flowerpot
- 3-4 pieces of cardboard (depending on the size of your flowerpot)
- A black marker
- Hot glue gun
- Green construction paper
- Cut the cardboard: Start by measuring the circumference of the flowerpot and then cut several pieces of cardboard into rings. Make sure that the ring circumference is a few inches larger than the flower pot circumference. Cut 2-4 pieces of cardboard and adjust the number depending on the thickness of the flowerpot.
- Draw the face: Using a black marker, draw the features of a face such as eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc. on one of the cardboard pieces.
- Assemble the costume: Glue the cardboard piece with the face drawn onto the flowerpot using a hot glue gun. Then, glue the remaining cardboard rings around the flower pot one by one until the entire pot is covered.
- Add the leaves: Cut out a bunch of green leaves from construction paper. Think of it as a garland and arrange the leaves into an attractive pattern around the flower pot. Attach the leaves with glue or clear tape.
- Voila: Your flower pot costume is now ready to be worn! Add a few extra touches with a straw hat or flower garland to give it the complete look.
Making a flower pot costume is an easy and fun way to dress up for Halloween. All that it requires is a bit of creativity and some inexpensive materials. So give it a try for your next party and be prepared to turn heads!