Instant Pot Dishwasher Safety
Parts That Can Be Placed in the Dishwasher
It can be difficult to remember what parts of your Instant Pot are dishwasher safe, but here is a list of items that you can safely clean in the dishwasher:
- Inner Pot: The non-stick inner pot can be placed in the dishwasher for cleaning. Be sure to hand wash the stainless steel bowl that holds the inner pot, however.
- Steam Rack: The steam rack, or trivet, can be safely cleaned in the dishwasher as long as it is not entirely made of plastic.
- Lid: The Instant Pot lid can be placed in the dishwasher as well, provided that it does not have a stainless steel exterior.
- Accessory Modules: The pressure cooker’s accessories such as the plastic trivet and spatula can also be safely cleaned in the dishwasher.
Parts That Cannot Be Placed in the Dishwasher
Here is a list of parts not safe for cleaning in the dishwasher:
- Exterior: The exterior of the Instant Pot is not suitable for dishwasher cleaning, as it could damage the seals.
- Stainless Steel Bowl: The stainless steel bowl that holds the inner pot should not be placed in the dishwasher.
- Accessories with Stainless Steel: Any accessories that are entirely made of stainless steel should not be placed in the dishwasher.