How to Cook Squirrel in a Crock Pot
Cooking squirrel in a crock pot is a delicious and easy way to prepare the gamey meat. Using a slow cooker helps to ensure succulent, tender pieces that just fall off the bone. Here are some tips to get you started.
Ingredients & Supplies
- 3-4 squirrels
- 2-4 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Any additional desired seasonings or ingredients
- Crock Pot
- Begin by cleaning and preparing the squirrels. This includes removing the skin, head, tail, and feet. Cut the squirrels into pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squirrel pieces in the crock pot.
- Pour in chicken broth to nearly cover the pieces.
- Add in any desired seasonings or ingredients.
- Cover the pot, and cook on low heat for 5-7 hours, or until the meat is easily falling off the bone.
Cooking squirrel in a crock pot is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this gamey meat. The slow cooking process ensures that the meat is tender and succulent. Give it a try, and you will see why once you taste this amazing meal.