How to Cook Flank Steak in a Crock Pot
Flank steak is a lean and flavorful cut of beef that can be cooked in a variety of ways. While most people are familiar with grilling flank steak, an easier and more effective way to cook it is in the crock pot. Here are some simple steps for cooking flank steak in your crock pot:
Ingredients and Preparation
- Flank Steak: Purchase a flank steak and season it to your liking with salt, pepper, garlic, and other spices.
- Vegetables: Cut up some vegetables to add to the crock pot. Carrots, celery, and onions are the most common, but you can use any vegetable you wish.
- Liquid: You will need some type of liquid in order to cook the flank steak in the crock pot. Water, broth or a combination of both works well.
- Place the flank steak in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add the vegetables to the crock pot and pour over the liquid.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 4 hours.
- Once the flank steak is cooked, remove it from the crock pot and slice it against the grain.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- For a more flavorful dish, try adding some fresh herbs or spices to the vegetables before cooking.
- If you don’t have a crock pot, you can also cook the flank steak in the oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
Cooking flank steak in a crock pot produces tender and juicy results every time. It is an easy way to enjoy this lean and flavorful cut of beef without having to stand over a stove or grill. Try it today for a delicious and effortless meal!