What Goes Good With Pot Roast?
Pot roast is one of the most delicious dishes anyone could eat. It’s filled with savory, juicy flavors, and its aroma will have the whole family drooling. But what should you serve as sides with your delicious pot roast?
Vegetables are a classic choice when accompanying pot roast. Here are some of our favorite recommendations:
- Carrots: Carrots are great with pot roast. They’re easy to cook in the same pot and get seasoned with the salty and savory flavors of the roast.
- Green Beans: Green beans add a nice crunch and light flavor to the dish. Serve them cooked on their own or with some butter and seasoning.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are a simple but excellent addition to pot roast. You can either sauté or roast them for added texture and flavor.
Soups & Salads
Pot roast is often served with lighter foods like soups and salads. Here are some ideas:
- Butternut Squash Soup: This creamy soup is a perfect compliment to the rich flavors of pot roast. Roast some squash to get extra flavor and sweetness.
- Cucumber & Tomato Salad: This refreshing salad is a great addition to the meal and is packed with nutrition.
- Avocado & Feta Salad: This salad adds a creamy texture and sharp, salty flavor to the pot roast. It’s also a great way to sneak in some healthy fats.
Breads & Pastries
Breads and pastries make superb sides to pot roast. Here are some of our favorites:
- Biscuits: Biscuits dipped in the flavorful gravy from the pot roast are simply delicious. Serve them hot for a fluffy, buttery treat.
- Cornbread: Cornbread is a great choice for balance the richness of the pot roast. It also pairs well with honey butter or jams.
- Rolls: Soft, buttery rolls are the perfect accompaniment for your pot roast. Make them extra special by adding some chewy cheese on top for extra flavor.
In conclusion, there are many great options for sides to serve with pot roast, from simple vegetables to complete soups and salads. No matter what you pick, you’ll have a delicious dinner the whole family will love!