What is a Christmas Simmer Pot?
A Christmas Simmer Pot is an easy way to add festive aromas to your home during the holiday season. Simmering seasonal ingredients like cinnamon, apples, oranges, cranberries, and spices will fill your home with comforting fragrances of Christmas.
Recipe for a Christmas Simmer Pot
Making a Christmas Simmer Pot is simple. All you need are the following ingredients:
- Cinnamon Sticks– 3
- Whole Cloves– 1 teaspoon
- Star Anise– 1
- Orange Peel– from one orange
- Apple Slices– from one apple
- Cranberries– 1/2 cup
- Water– 2-3 cups
- In a saucepan, add in all the ingredients, except for the cranberries.
- Bring the ingredients to a simmer and then reduce the heat.
- Let the pot simmer for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Add in the cranberries and let the pot simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat and let the pot sit for about 2-3 hours before serving.
Christmas Simmer Pot is the perfect way to add delicious aromas to your home during the holiday season. It is great served warm as a winter mulled cider, or chilled as a spiced iced tea. Either way, it will bring festive cheer to your gatherings. Enjoy!