What is a Pot Filler?
A pot filler is a type of faucet that is installed in a kitchen sink or countertop, typically near the range or stovetop. It is designed to deliver hot water directly to pots and pans, rather than relying on gravity and a long hose to transport the water from the sink to the pan.
Benefits of a Pot Filler
There are several benefits that a pot filler provides:
- Convenience: Pot fillers save the hassle of picking up and filling the pot with water from the sink.
- Safety: Hot water is delivered right to the pot, eliminating the risk of accidentally spilling hot water.
- Water Savings: A pot filler can reduce water usage by eliminating the need to fill large pots with several rounds of hot water.
- Easy Clean Up: Pot fillers can help reduce splatter on the stovetop by allowing you to fill the pot in the sink, rather than the cooking area.
Choosing a Pot Filler
If you’re considering installing a pot filler, there are a few things to consider.
- Location: Pot fillers are designed to be placed near the stovetop. Make sure to measure the distance between the countertop and the stovetop so that you can select the optimal size.
- Mount Type: Pot fillers are available in wall-mounted and deck-mounted models. Wall-mounted models are typically easier to install, but deck-mounted models offer more flexibility when it comes to positioning.
- Material: Pot fillers are available in a range of materials, including stainless steel, brass, and chrome. Choose a material that coordinates with your kitchen’s design.
Installing a pot filler is a great way to add convenience and safety to your kitchen. With the right product, you can enjoy the benefits of a pot filler for years to come.