What Goes with a Delicious Chicken Pot Pie?
When it comes to hearty comfort food, chicken pot pie is the ultimate classic. Whether homemade or coming from a box, it’s always a favorite. But what should you serve with it to complete the meal? Here are some great suggestions on what side dish goes with chicken pot pie.
Vegetable Side Dishes
Vegetable side dishes are a great way to add some extra nutrition and flavor to a chicken pot pie dinner. Try any of these with your next meal:
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans: Toss fresh green beans in garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt and bake until crispy and tender.
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin: Snipped Brussels sprouts are combined with butter, a little half-and-half, Parmesan cheese and variety of seasonings for a creamy, indulgent dish.
- Roasted Parsnips: Drizzled with a little olive oil, rosemary and a pinch of salt, these roasted parsnips make a great side dish for chicken pot pie.
- Cauliflower Gratin: Layer cauliflower florets in a buttered gratin dish; cover with a cheesy topping and bake until golden.
Salads & Greens
Salads and green vegetables rounds out the meal with a fresh, crunchy counterpart that provides a great contrast to the creamy pot pie. Here are some ideas for you to try:
- Green Bean & Tomato Salad: Green beans, olives and tomatoes tossed together with a vinaigrette dressing make a delicious accompaniment.
- Kale Salad with Apples & Walnuts: A classic combination of sweet and salty, this salad is dressed with a lightly sweetened vinaigrette.
- Roasted Carrot Salad: Roast carrots and add dried cranberries and feta cheese to make a bright and flavorful salad.
- Spinach Salad with Apple & Orange: Just add a few sliced apples and oranges to a bag of spinach to make a super-fast side dish.
No matter what sides you serve with your chicken pot pie, it’s sure to be a hit! Pairing the right side dishes will make the meal complete and truly delicious.