What to do with a Simmer Pot When Finished
A simmer pot is a convenient way to fill your home with fragrant aromas without the need to constantly monitor and adjust temperatures. However, when finished using your simmer pot, it’s important to properly clean and store it away to maintain its effectiveness and safety.
How to Dispose of Spent Pot Contents
- Empty the simmer pot: Pour out remaining liquid and dispose of the spent contents in the garbage. Do not pour it down the drain.
- Clean the pot: Rinse the empty pot and refill it with hot water and washing up liquid. Place it onto the stove and heat on a low setting for 5 minutes. Then, scrub the inside with a sponge or clean cloth. Rinse and leave to air dry.
- Refill with fresh pot contents: Once your simmer pot is completely cooled off, you can then refill it with water and fresh simmer pot contents.
Storing Your Simmer Pot
Once your simmer pot is clean and fully dry, it’s important to store it away for future use. Here are some tips for storing your simmer pot:
- Keep the lid and pot separate while storing. This will reduce the possibility of mold growth.
- Store it in a dry, cool spot away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Avoid storing in a damp area, such as a basement, as moisture can cause rusting.
- Cover it with wrapping paper or a cloth to keep it clean.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your simmer pot is clean and ready for its next use.