What to Have with a Pot Roast
Pot roast is a classic comfort dish that is easy to make and feeds lots of people. Served with a delicious selection of sides, a pot roast is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Here are some of the best sides to serve with pot roast:
- Carrots: Carrots add a sweet flavor and vibrant color to the dish. Roast carrots alongside the pot roast for an easy, flavorful side.
- Corn: Whether you steam them, boil them, or simmer them in a pot of the roast’s sauce, corn provides a slightly sweet taste and satisfying crunch to the dish.
- Green Beans: French-cut green beans, sautéed with garlic and butter, are a perfect choice for a pot roast.
- Mashed Potatoes: Comfort food doesn’t get much more comforting than mashed potatoes. Cook the potatoes in the roast’s juices for maximum flavor.
- Roasted Potatoes: Roast potatoes with the roast and serve them together for a filling meal. Cut them into wedges or cubes for even cooking.
- Fingerling Potatoes: Fingerling potatoes add earthy flavors and an elegant presentation. Cook them in the roast’s juices for added flavor.
- Dinner Rolls: Serve up freshly-baked dinner rolls with your pot roast for a touch of crunch and sweetness.
- Garlic Bread: Salty garlic bread pairs perfectly with the rich flavors of the pot roast.
- Crusty Bread: Slice up a crusty loaf of bread to sop up the delicious sauce from the pot roast.
With any of these delicious sides, you’re sure to have a satisfying meal that the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy your pot roast and happy eating!