What to Have with Pot Roast
Pot roast is one of those traditional recipes that everybody loves but it can sometimes it can leave you wondering what to have with it for a complete meal. Here are some ideas for complementary dishes that will perfectly round out your pot roast dinner.
- Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes are the natural side-dish that go best with pot roast. A creamy and buttery spud is the perfect foil for the savory beef and gravy.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Who doesn’t love pasta and cheese? Mac and cheese is a great twist on a hearty classic. Serve it as a side or in separate ramekins as individual portions.
- A Baked Potato: A loaded baked potato is a great side dish for pot roast. Toppings may include bacon, cheese, and sour cream, or mix it up with chili or broccoli.
- Roasted Broccoli:Roasting intensifies the flavor of the broccoli, adding some balance to the richness of the pot roast.
- Mixed Green Salad: A salad is a great accompaniment to pot roast, especially a bright and lemony version.
- Stewed Tomatoes: Stewed tomatoes makes a nice change from the more traditional cooked veggie, allowing you to get in another hit of savoriness.
Bread and Dips
Pairing some good bread with a well-made dip can make your pot roast dinner even better.
- Parkerhouse Rolls: Parkerhouse rolls are the perfect vessel for sopping up a delicious pot roast gravy.
- Garlic & Onion Dip: Garlic and Onion dip make for the perfect accompaniment to pot roast. Serve on the side or use as a condiment.
Pot roast is a classic and classic dishes can sometimes be hard to know what to pair it with. With these ideas in your back pocket, you should be able to create the perfect meal to serve along with your delicious pot roast!