Pot Roast: The Perfect Sunday Dinner
Pot roast is a classic, hearty meal that is popular in many American households. Not only is it an economical way to feed a family, but it is also easy to make and tastes delicious! The only question that remains is: what should you serve with pot roast?
Traditional Pot Roast Sides
When it comes to serving pot roast, traditional sides make the perfect accompaniments. Some classic sides that pair exceptionally well with pot roast are:
- Mashed Potatoes: The perfect way to soak up the delicious juices from the pot roast!
- Roasted Vegetables: Carrots, sweet potatoes and squash make the perfect addition to the pot roast dinner. Roast them in the oven at 425ºF for about 25-30 minutes for an added hint of flavor.
- Steamed Green Beans: An easy and nutritious way to round out the pot roast dinner.
Get Creative With Pot Roast Accompaniments
Pot roast is also very versatile when it comes to sides. Get creative and try something new! Here are a few options to explore:
- Fruit Salad: A refreshing way to juxtapose a hearty pot roast dinner. A combination of grapefruit, oranges and apples makes for a delightful fruit salad.
- Quinoa Salad: Swapping in quinoa for potatoes is a great way to make a healthier version of the pot roast dinner, without compromising on taste.
No matter what your personal preference is, pot roast is sure to be a hit on Sunday night dinner. Serve it with a variety of traditional or unique sides and get your family together to enjoy a delicious, home-cooked meal.